LouieLab is a civic innovation hub for public-private collaboration, and coworking space that features an open office and run by OPI. It is a physical manifestation of continuous improvement and innovation that are the foundation of Louisville Metro Government. This space is available to the public for events and co-working. Events held at the LouieLab must have a public benefit in order to reserve the space for free.
To reserve the lab for your event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The LouieLab is Louisville Metro Government’s civic innovation space. It is overseen by the Office of Performance Improvement & Innovation (OPI2). It has four separate areas:
- Co-working Room: large table seating 28, plus several small couch seating areas for an additional 12 people, equipped with two monitors for presentations, Chromecast, and Apple TV
- Training Room: seats 26 with a mounted projector with Chromecast, Apple TV and HDMI
- Large Conference Room: seats 12, with conference call capability, a monitor for presentations, Chromecast, Apple TV and white boards
- Small Conference Room: seats 6, with conference call capability, a monitor for presentations, Chromecast, Apple TV, and white board
Since its inception in 2017 the LouieLab has freely hosted hundreds of events, and over a hundred external organizations, non-profits, companies, and visiting governments. Some examples include:
- Hackathons and meetings for Code for Kentuckiana, the Louisville chapter of the national Code for America non-profit.
- Hosting a national Department of Transportation conference (event pictures) (activity pictures)
- Internal Data Governance training
- External Social Innovation public events
The co-working space is open during regular business hours to any member of the public who is actively working on a project approved by a Louisville Metro Government sponsor. The space is also available for Metro employees with supervisor approval.
The LouieLab is open from 8am-5pm. Those seeking space for events, meetings, or work space outside of normal business hours must have a sponsor from the Mayor’s Innovation Advisory Council, or the Office of Performance Improvement and Innovation. Event sponsors must stay for the duration of events held at the LouieLab.
745 W Main St
Louisville, KY 40202
Interactive Street View
Watch this video to learn more about the LouieLab and how we co-create with the public, as resident’s front door to government: